Thursday, September 6, 2012

Shabby French Hutch

I hope everyone is back to school & settling into the routine.  I for one am ready for the nice long morning/afternoon of freedom......
Sorry, just savoring the moment.  Here's what we've been up to:

About the middle of the summer, my Mom came across the best garage sale. I know you all can relate. The one where you see nothing but furniture with great potential at great prices. This was her score that day:


It had the worst paint job. This dark brown paint was a shiny drippy mess. I took my sander to it & showed no mercy!  After sanding off all the drips, it was time to talk about color.  This little hutch reminded me so much of the very first one I painted back in March, you can read about it here. This is what it looked like:


Sold
This one was Old White & Paris Grey. I love this combination, so crisp & clean looking. So this was my inspiration. This color combo is a great seller in my booth.  At the last minute we decided to go with Pure White instead. I know it's not a huge difference, but it is brighter looking & that's what I wanted. Here is what it looks like now:


Available at Sassy Fabrics (V Trading) in Grand Blanc, MI.

There are two drawers & one of them it slotted & lined in green felt for flatware. Behind the sliding doors is great storage with a shelf. I just love this Shabby Mid Century Modern Style. The new paint really gives this piece a whole new fresh look don't you think?

Here are a few more things we finished this past week:


Available at Sassy Fabrics.

The sweetest little High chair.  I wasn't very excited when I first seen this, but after it was painted I was thrilled!

Also at Sassy Fabrics (V Trading) in Grand Blanc, MI

And a pair of Oak pressed back chairs. These look so pretty in Shabby White.....

Well, that's it for now. If you live in my area & are thinking about having some furniture painted, email me a picture & I'll get back to you. We love doing custom work.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Thanks for stopping by, Dee







4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference! Love the white chairs too :) Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty color combination! I love that little high chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great redos! i love those pressback chairs- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these two oak chairs and the bench at the top of your site.
    Very pretty re-dos.
    It's December and I just found your blog. Are you still blogging? I want to follow, but not sure if you are still planning on posting. Do come visit . . . I follow everyone that follows me . . . and I love making new friends.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete