Monday, October 22, 2012

His or Her Desk & A Thank You

I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything, I guess I needed a little break. But now I'm back in the swing of things.  Last month I went to an Antique Festival in Midland & found a very unique desk.  When I walked into this tent I spotted this desk from the backside & I could only see a corner of it, but I could see that it was different. So I walked around to the front of it & fell in love. It has such unusual lines.


I am so proud of myself, I actually remembered to get a before picture (even though I had already started painting it). You can see how the front curves in, even at the bottom. The style is both masculine & feminine. I decided to try & paint it neutral so it would appeal to both. 

After a good sanding & cleaning, I started with Paris Grey on the top & body.  The details got a coat of Old White & the recessed areas are painted black. Now it was time for a graphic. I went to my favorite place for graphics The Graphics Fairy. This is what I went with:



I love that the subject is masculine yet the script is feminine.


Did I mention this desk came with a chair? Well it did & here is a picture of what I did with it. I painted it Old White & put a graphic, I found at Etsy, on the cushion.




I used the original hardware & one of the best things about this desk is there are casters under it so you can just roll it to wherever you need to.


Here's a nice shot of the sexy curve....


I even decoupaged the inside of the top two drawers.


Available at Sassy Fabrics (V Trading) in Grand Blanc, MI.

I love how they look together. The perfect His or Her desk!

Now I would like to take a minute to say Thank You to Beckie at Roadkill Rescue. She featured my coffee table I found on the side of the road last month. You can read about it here. I just love this site. You can submit your roadside/repurposed treasures & if she likes it you'll be featured. I love the inspiration you get when you see what other people create. There are so many talented people on that site! If you've never heard of it, please check it out. You will be addicted just like I am. Thanks Beckie!!!

My mom & I are back to work again, so I should have plenty to write about in the very near future. As always, I love to read your comments. Thanks for stopping by & have a great day! Dee







15 comments:

  1. OMG - you've done it again - that desk is drop dead gorgeous ( the curves are dreamy )
    Beautiful job!!!
    Hugs
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS an unusual desk and you've done a great job! Visiting from Primitive & Proper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! The lines of the desk & your design and painting!!! Awesome work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the desk is gorgeous, love the drawer pulls, and the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that desk is so cool! i love its funky shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great update. I've never seen a desk shaped like that before; very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This desk is awesome!!! I've never seen one that curves like this!!!! I love the decoupaged drawers too! Where did you find the script paper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! It's gorgeous!! I love the curve in the desk, so unusual. Love how it turned out!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful desk, Dee! I love the curves in it,the distinctive hardware and graphics you selected and I love how you detailed it with the different colors--it looks so good now. The chair is also wonderful with it. I also really like the decoupaged inside of the drawers--very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! You always find neat pieces! Lovely makeover! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this update! Fantastic job! I also really like the frosted Menu board...I have an old multi-paned glass door that I want to do something similar with to have available for rent for weddings...will think about frosted paint! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete