Friday, March 29, 2013

Mid Century Blue

Happy Spring Everyone!
Spring has finally sprung here in Michigan & I, for one, am very grateful. I have way to much work piling up to wait a second longer for warmer weather. 
Now, at least for the next couple of days, I can paint in the driveway & actually work on more than one project at a time.

A few weeks ago I painted a dresser for a very nice man. He had a Mid Century Modern dresser that had been in his family for quite awhile now. Several years ago he had it painted a Dark Green color in a very glossy finish. Now he was ready for a new look.

Here is what it looked like when I brought it home:

YIKES!  SUPER SHINY    


  Love the style, hate the color...

We decided on a nice Blue color that coordinated with the bedding in his bedroom.  I gave it a quick sand, with such a shiny finish I thought "Better safe then sorry".

Two coats of paint, a little distressing, two coats of wax, sprayed the hardware black...

TA DA!...


Wow!  What a difference paint can make.


He was super happy with the new look. 
 Now he's looking for the matching dresser so I can paint it Blue too.

Hope everyone has a beautiful & productive day! Thanks for visiting, Dee

  
 

4 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful blue and I love that you sprayed the hardware black...and those handles have a cute shape too!

    xo
    Sumaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful! I am a fellow Michigander located in Holland and am also beside myself with excitement over the warmer weather today. Enjoy your outside projects and Happy Easter. Visiting from The Dedicated House. Blessings, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Dee! Love the modern manly vibe! And I had a piece just like that a while back!

    ReplyDelete