Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Set of Drum Tables

A couple of months ago I picked up two very similar drum tables. One had a real leather top & was a little bigger than the other, but they were both wonderful.


I was so excited to score two of these drum tables, I can't believe I actually remembered to get before pictures of both of them.

I started with the larger one first. Luckily the leather was in great shape,no cracks or tears in it. If you follow my blog then you are aware of my clock face obsession. I had painted this exact table many years ago, so I knew just what I wanted to do. I painted the base DIY Chalk paint in Duck Egg Blue & the top in DIY Chalk paint in Old White.



Now it was ready for the clock face.



This table had such great details I decided to use a black glaze on the base so those details would really show up. Check out this beautiful pineapple detail.


I grouped it with these awesome "X" back chairs I painted shabby black. My mom reupholstered the cushions for me & I added the cool black stripes. I think they work well together.


Sold

On the second table I decided to do the reverse color combination.


Sold

I grouped this table with a pair of wicker bottomed chairs that I painted shabby white & stenciled a black Fleur De lis on the seat.


Available at Sassy Fabrics (V Trading) in Grand Blanc, MI

Notice the subtle difference in these two chairs? Here's what they looked like before.


So much better!


Two similar drum tables, two different looks.


The first one sold at my booth in the first week.  The two white chairs with fluer di lis on them are now available at Sassy Fabrics (V Trading) in Grand Blanc , Mi.

 Wished I could have kept one of the two but, I feel that way about all of my clock faced tables. Well, which one do you like better?
Thanks for visiting & Have a Great Day!  Dee


10 comments:

  1. It would be impossible to choose - they are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table! It looks great with both sets of chairs! Great job! I'm now following. I can't wait to see more inspiring pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! I love both the tables and the chairs~really a fabulous transformation! I am your newest follower~hope you will return the visit! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are beautiful! i especially love the one with the wood finished border- i think that one is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clock faced tables are beautiful! I love the chairs too. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these tables. I have one I have been wanting to paint. Thanks for the inspiration. I am a new follower. I'd love you to drop by my blog too. x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so inspirational. I want to be able to stencil like this! My daughter has done some stenciling on her furniture and it's makes them so special! Thanks for your blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea for the table top. Have you had any trouble painting over the leather-any problems with the paint adhering? Have you painted leather with anything other than chalk paint? Thanks. Again, those tables are really so cool. Debi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this post was from 5 years ago but your work, talent and style are amazing! I love both sets! I did notice the subtle difference in the wicker bottom chairs, the back on one is a bit taller. :)
    Now I'm going to search for more of your blogs to see more of your lovely and inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete