Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My "Swiss Miss" version

We have all seen Miss Mustard Seeds fabulous "Swiss Miss" dresser, here. I so love her style. She is such an inspiration for us all.  When I seen this dresser I knew I had to give it a try. 

 Over the summer my Mom found the perfect dresser for me to experiment on.  Once again I have to apologize for not having any before pictures to share. I was not only dying to do this "Swiss" dresser but I also wanted to try the homemade chalk paint recipe I found on No Minimalist Here. I had to tweek it alittle. I used a primer/paint & poured my paint thru a mesh bag to get the lumps out.  I have to say, I'm lovin this homemade paint. Sure it's not as easy as painting straight out of the can but it's a whole lot more affordable & you can make any color in the rainbow.  So after following Miss Mustard Seeds careful instructions, here is my version of "Swiss Miss".



The top looks green in this picture but it's really black.  This little dresser has the original porcelain casters & the key.  You almost never have the key.

Miss Mustard Seeds version 


My inspiration for this!

 My version

This piece was so fun to do. I just love the contrast. It hasn't sold yet & the hubby is hoping we get to keep it. It is perfect for my sons play/gaming room.



I'm secretly hoping it doesn't sell too. Gives me an excuse to change up the playroom.  Have you created your inspirational piece yet?  I'd love to hear about it.  Have a great day & thanks for visiting!  Dee

6 comments: