Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Waterfall Cabinet

Last month my Husband & I were strolling thru Collette's Vintage & Antiques Mall, where I have a booth, & fell in love with the cutest Waterfall style cabinet.  It was priced a little bit out of my budget so we decided to wait. I had enough projects to finish anyway.

About a week later my Mom & I stopped in to spruce up the booth & I wanted to show her this cabinet. Lucky for me it had just been marked down, & since we had just sold a cabinet in the booth it was now in the budget. I couldn't pay for it fast enough, there were a couple of other people hovering around as my Mom & I discussed what we were going to do with it. They must have been keeping tabs on it as well. Here is a before picture (I can't believe I remembered, we were that excited!):


It has that vintage Waterfall style to it but for a child's room. You can see where the Little Lamb decals were on the door. That's my Mom giving it a good scrubbing. It was in decent shape, just a little water stain on the bottom. Once we cleaned it all up & gave it a quick sand & it was ready for paint. I wanted to keep it neutral so it could go anywhere. This is what I came up with:


We gave it two coats of DIY Chalk paint in Pure White,spray painted the handles, hand painted the Fleur di Lis......

Sold

And painted the inside Duck Egg Blue.  You can see the little hanger on the inside, it slides in & out, how cute is that!!? 
This piece is similar to the Chiffarobe we painted in May, you can see it here.
Can't you just see this cabinet in a baby's room or a guest bedroom. Maybe even in a bathroom. It's a petite size so it could go anywhere really. I have it for sale at Sassy Fabrics (V Trading) in Grand Blanc, MI.

If you have a piece of furniture that needs a face lift, we do custom work. Just email me, I'd be happy to discuss it. Thanks for visiting & have a great day!  Dee



3 comments:

  1. That is very cute! I like the dark handles. I actually have someone that wants to give me some waterfall furniture--now I know what it looks like :) Thank you so much for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Dee!!!! How cool you got a good deal on it too! That's always a bonus!! I was at Collette's on Friday and went to visit your space. I love the burlap chairs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! this would be perfect in a nursery!

    ReplyDelete